Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International Public License
By exercising the Licensed Rights (defined below), You accept and agree to be bound by the terms and
of this Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International Public License ("Public
License"). To the extent this Public License may be interpreted as a contract, You are granted the Licensed
Rights in consideration of Your acceptance of these terms and conditions, and the Licensor grants You such
rights in consideration of benefits the Licensor receives from making the Licensed Material available under
these terms and conditions.
Section 1 – Definitions.
- Adapted Material means material subject to Copyright and Similar Rights that
derived from or based upon the Licensed Material and in which the Licensed Material is translated,
arranged, transformed, or otherwise modified in a manner requiring permission under the Copyright and
Similar Rights held by the Licensor. For purposes of this Public License, where the Licensed Material is
musical work, performance, or sound recording, Adapted Material is always produced where the Licensed
Material is synched in timed relation with a moving image.
- Adapter's License means the license You apply to Your Copyright and Similar
in Your contributions to Adapted Material in accordance with the terms and conditions of this Public
- BY-NC-SA Compatible License means a license listed at creativecommons.org/compatiblelicenses,
Creative Commons as essentially the equivalent of this Public License.
- Copyright and Similar Rights means copyright and/or similar rights closely
to copyright including, without limitation, performance, broadcast, sound recording, and Sui Generis
Database Rights, without regard to how the rights are labeled or categorized. For purposes of this
License, the rights specified in Section 2(b)(1)-(2) are not Copyright and Similar
- Effective Technological Measures means those measures that, in the absence of
proper authority, may not
be circumvented under laws fulfilling obligations under Article 11 of the WIPO Copyright Treaty adopted
December 20, 1996, and/or similar
- Exceptions and Limitations means fair use, fair dealing, and/or any other
exception or limitation to Copyright and Similar Rights that applies to Your use of the Licensed
- License Elements means the license attributes listed in the name of a Creative
Commons Public License. The License Elements of this Public License are Attribution, NonCommercial, and
- Licensed Material means the artistic or literary work, database, or other
to which the Licensor applied this Public License.
- Licensed Rights means the rights granted to You subject to the terms and
conditions of this Public License, which are limited to all Copyright and Similar Rights that apply to
use of the Licensed Material and that the Licensor has authority to license.
- Licensor means the individual(s) or entity(ies) granting rights under this
- NonCommercial means not primarily intended for or directed towards commercial
advantage or monetary compensation. For purposes of this Public License, the exchange of the Licensed
Material for other material subject to Copyright and Similar Rights by digital file-sharing or similar
is NonCommercial provided there is no payment of monetary compensation in connection with the exchange.
- Share means to provide material to the public by any means or process that
requires permission under the Licensed Rights, such as reproduction, public display, public performance,
distribution, dissemination, communication, or importation, and to make material available to the public
including in ways that members of the public may access the material from a place and at a time
chosen by them.
- Sui Generis Database Rights means rights other than copyright resulting from
Directive 96/9/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council of 11 March 1996 on the legal protection
databases, as amended and/or succeeded, as well as other essentially equivalent rights anywhere in the
- You means the individual or entity exercising the Licensed Rights under this
Public License. Your has a corresponding meaning.
Section 2 – Scope.
- License grant.
- Subject to the terms and conditions of this Public License, the Licensor hereby grants
a worldwide, royalty-free, non-sublicensable, non-exclusive, irrevocable license to exercise the
Licensed Rights in the Licensed Material to:
- reproduce and Share the Licensed Material, in whole or in part, for
purposes only; and
- produce, reproduce, and Share Adapted Material for NonCommercial purposes
- Exceptions and Limitations. For the
avoidance of doubt, where Exceptions and Limitations apply to Your use, this Public License does
apply, and You do not need to comply with its terms and conditions.
- Term. The term of this Public License
specified in Section 6(a).
- Media and formats; technical modifications
allowed. The Licensor authorizes You to exercise the Licensed Rights in all media and
formats whether now known or hereafter created, and to make technical modifications necessary to
so. The Licensor waives and/or agrees not to assert any right or authority to forbid You from
technical modifications necessary to exercise the Licensed Rights, including technical
necessary to circumvent Effective Technological Measures. For purposes of this Public License,
simply making modifications authorized by this Section 2(a)(4) never
- Downstream recipients.
- Offer from the Licensor –
Material. Every recipient of the Licensed Material automatically receives
offer from the Licensor to exercise the Licensed Rights under the terms and
of this Public License.
- Additional offer from the
– Adapted Material. Every recipient of Adapted Material from You
automatically receives an offer from the Licensor to exercise the Licensed Rights in
Adapted Material under the conditions of the Adapter’s License You apply.
- No downstream
You may not offer or impose any additional or different terms or conditions on, or
any Effective Technological Measures to, the Licensed Material if doing so restricts
exercise of the Licensed Rights by any recipient of the Licensed Material.
- No endorsement. Nothing in this
License constitutes or may be construed as permission to assert or imply that You are, or that
use of the Licensed Material is, connected with, or sponsored, endorsed, or granted official
by, the Licensor or others designated to receive attribution as provided in Section 3(a)(1)(A)(i).
- Moral rights, such as the right of integrity, are not licensed under this Public
nor are publicity, privacy, and/or other similar personality rights; however, to the extent
possible, the Licensor waives and/or agrees not to assert any such rights held by the Licensor
the limited extent necessary to allow You to exercise the Licensed Rights, but not otherwise.
- Patent and trademark rights are not licensed under this Public License.
- To the extent possible, the Licensor waives any right to collect royalties from You
the exercise of the Licensed Rights, whether directly or through a collecting society under any
voluntary or waivable statutory or compulsory licensing scheme. In all other cases the Licensor
expressly reserves any right to collect such royalties, including when the Licensed Material is
other than for NonCommercial purposes.
Section 3 – License Conditions.
Your exercise of the Licensed Rights is expressly made subject to the following conditions.
If You Share the Licensed Material (including in modified form), You must:
- retain the following if it is supplied by the Licensor with the Licensed
- identification of the creator(s) of the Licensed Material and any
designated to receive attribution, in any reasonable manner requested by the
Licensor (including by pseudonym if designated);
- a copyright notice;
- a notice that refers to this Public License;
- a notice that refers to the disclaimer of warranties;
- a URI or hyperlink to the Licensed Material to the extent reasonably
- indicate if You modified the Licensed Material and retain an indication of
previous modifications; and
- indicate the Licensed Material is licensed under this Public License,
and include the text of, or the URI or hyperlink to, this Public
- You may satisfy the conditions in Section 3(a)(1) in any
manner based on the medium, means, and context in which You Share the Licensed Material. For
example, it may be reasonable to satisfy the conditions by providing a URI or hyperlink to a
resource that includes the required information.
- If requested by the Licensor, You must remove any of the information required by
3(a)(1)(A) to the extent reasonably practicable.
In addition to the conditions in Section 3(a), if You Share Adapted Material You
produce, the following conditions also apply.
- The Adapter’s License You apply must be a Creative Commons license with the same
Elements, this version or later, or a BY-NC-SA Compatible License.
- You must include the text of, or the URI or hyperlink to, the Adapter's License You
You may satisfy this condition in any reasonable manner based on the medium, means, and context
which You Share Adapted Material.
- You may not offer or impose any additional or different terms or conditions on, or
any Effective Technological Measures to, Adapted Material that restrict exercise of the rights
granted under the Adapter's License You apply.
Section 4 – Sui Generis Database Rights.
Where the Licensed Rights include Sui Generis Database Rights that apply to Your use of the Licensed
- for the avoidance of doubt, Section 2(a)(1) grants You the right to
reuse, reproduce, and Share all or a substantial portion of the contents of the database for
- if You include all or a substantial portion of the database contents in a database in which You
have Sui Generis Database Rights, then the database in which You have Sui Generis Database Rights (but
its individual contents) is Adapted Material, including for purposes of Section 3(b);
- You must comply with the conditions in Section 3(a) if You Share all or a
substantial portion of the contents of the database.
For the avoidance of doubt, this Section 4
supplements and does not replace Your obligations
this Public License where the Licensed Rights include other Copyright and Similar Rights.
Section 5 – Disclaimer of Warranties and Limitation of Liability.
- Unless otherwise separately undertaken by the Licensor, to the extent possible, the
Licensor offers the Licensed Material as-is and as-available, and makes no representations or
of any kind concerning the Licensed Material, whether express, implied, statutory, or other. This
includes, without limitation, warranties of title, merchantability, fitness for a particular
non-infringement, absence of latent or other defects, accuracy, or the presence or absence of
whether or not known or discoverable. Where disclaimers of warranties are not allowed in full or in
part, this disclaimer may not apply to You.
- To the extent possible, in no event will the Licensor be liable to You on any legal
(including, without limitation, negligence) or otherwise for any direct, special, indirect,
consequential, punitive, exemplary, or other losses, costs, expenses, or damages arising out of this
Public License or use of the Licensed Material, even if the Licensor has been advised of the
of such losses, costs, expenses, or damages. Where a limitation of liability is not allowed in full
in part, this limitation may not apply to You.
- The disclaimer of warranties and limitation of liability provided above shall be interpreted in
manner that, to the extent possible, most closely approximates an absolute disclaimer and waiver of all
Section 6 – Term and Termination.
- This Public License applies for the term of the Copyright and Similar Rights licensed here.
However, if You fail to comply with this Public License, then Your rights under this Public License
Where Your right to use the Licensed Material has terminated under Section 6(a),
For the avoidance of doubt, this Section 6(b) does not affect any right the Licensor
have to seek remedies for Your violations of this Public License.
- automatically as of the date the violation is cured, provided it is cured within 30
of Your discovery of the violation; or
- upon express reinstatement by the Licensor.
- For the avoidance of doubt, the Licensor may also offer the Licensed Material under separate
or conditions or stop distributing the Licensed Material at any time; however, doing so will not
this Public License.
- Sections 1, 5, 6, 7,
and 8 survive termination of this Public License.
Section 7 – Other Terms and Conditions.
- The Licensor shall not be bound by any additional or different terms or conditions communicated
You unless expressly agreed.
- Any arrangements, understandings, or agreements regarding the Licensed Material not stated
are separate from and independent of the terms and conditions of this Public License.
Section 8 – Interpretation.
- For the avoidance of doubt, this Public License does not, and shall not be interpreted to,
limit, restrict, or impose conditions on any use of the Licensed Material that could lawfully be made
without permission under this Public License.
- To the extent possible, if any provision of this Public License is deemed unenforceable, it
be automatically reformed to the minimum extent necessary to make it enforceable. If the provision
reformed, it shall be severed from this Public License without affecting the enforceability of the
terms and conditions.
- No term or condition of this Public License will be waived and no failure to comply consented
unless expressly agreed to by the Licensor.
- Nothing in this Public License constitutes or may be interpreted as a limitation upon, or
of, any privileges and immunities that apply to the Licensor or You, including from the legal processes
any jurisdiction or authority.